Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Marley & Me


Nate and I decided to go see a movie for FHE last night. We were trying to decide between Marley & Me, Bedtime Stories, or Benjamin Button. We ended up choosing M&M because we wanted to see Ben Button with Beau & Shannon. The whole movie was pretty true to the book. Very funny for the first 80%. Since it has been about 2 years since I have read it, I forgot how EXTREMELY sad the end is. I had not forgotten what happens, just the extreme of it. This is the ONLY movie I have ever LEFT crying. I can usually compose myself before I have to head out into the lit hallways of the theater. I was still BAWLING when we got to the car. Even Nate cried, which has only ever happened in Ladder 49, and that was like one tear. I could not stop comparing our lives to that of the Grogans. Most of you know we have 2 dogs that we got as puppies. We have raised these dogs like children. I could not get over the fact that it will be us in 10+ years going through the same heart-ache. I had finally mostly composed myself until I walked in the door and was greeted by my two pups. I lost it all over again. I was a MESS.

Anyhoo, the moral of the story is go see the movie, but expect to cry, ESPECIALLY if you have a dog.
What movie has made you cry the most?

3 comments:

KT said...

The book made me cry, and fortunately we left the movie during the last 20 minutes or so which saved us. But I did cry like a baby at Benjamin Button. LOVED them both. And hel-lo? Eric Dane in Marley and Me? Not exactly hard to look at.

Pretty Pirate K said...

Oh my goodness I didn't realize it was a sad movie! That's what I get for not reading the books first. I haven't cried in the theatre since The Notebook.

Britt said...

I just found you guys! How fun! We'll be watching!