Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 6-7

We didn't do much on day 5, so I will skip to day 6.  This was the day my sweet sister joined us.  We planned a day-o-fun in downtown Seattle.  Our first stop was Paseo.  I saw them on the food network.  They were voted the best sandwich in the US.  I still crave it!!!  It was THE BEST thing I have eaten in a few years.  Wish they shipped.

Next we headed to the Locks.  This is where the salt water and fresh water meet.  Boats have to be checked in and the water level is raised/lowered, depending on if they are coming or going.  Pretty neat to watch.  We also saw the salmon run there.  Tons of fish jumping!





My mom then asked if I had ever seen the Edmonton "Troll under the Bridge". I had not, so we drove around until we finally found it.  It was nothing like I was expecting, but WAY cool.


Our next stop was UW campus to go rent a canoe and get out on the water.  Again, something I had never done, but loved every minute of it.  The weather could not have been better.  Many laughs were had on that little boat!


True to Seattle fashion, we got stuck in BAD traffic on the way home, but made it just in time for the Brown Family Dinner.  This was the first time in many, many years all 5 kids were together.
Nate, Josh, Branden, Kirk, Tawny, Mom, Trinette

It was so fun to reminisce and laugh out loud at our comical childhood.  We also made plans for the next day.  It was just for the Brown Kids (and my Mom).  We could not decide where to go, so we all compromised and decided to stay home and have a day of outdoor games, just like the "olden" days.  After dinner, we headed to Target, Home Depot and Dicks to get some supplies.  We were going to play baseball, badminton and washers.  It was so much fun.  As kids, we played baseball in our front yard with all the neighbor kids many, many times.  I just tried to soak up every minute with my kooky family.  We had so much fun.  We may all have changed over the years, but some things never change.  Tawny still looks funny batting, Kirk is teasing in the back round, and my team always wins (JK).  Needless to say, it was one of my favorite parts of the trip.



After our Brown Kids Game day, we cleaned up and headed to part 1 of the family reunion.  To be Continued...

1 comment:

Stizz said...

I've never seen the troll or rented a canoe at UW...two things I want to do though. :) It looks like you had a lot of fun with your family, and I'm glad the weather was nice for you guys.