Thursday, April 30, 2009

Entertainment Stand

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of Nate's first woodworking project. He had a TON of help from Beau, his mentor, but I am still proud of all the work he put into it. I LOVE IT! Here is where we found the inspiration. Can you believe people actually pay that much for this? We probably spent less than $500, including paint and hardware!
I am so glad Beau talked me into painting it red, it really makes the room pop! They started it last fall and finished it by Halloween. They just barely added the trim to the top though. I wanted to wait to post the pics until that was done. We distressed it and used Nate's sweet Restoration Hardware discount to get the knobs and handles. Now I can count on Nate to build other things around the house, like a crib someday!I found the idea for the drawers on Pottery Barn also. Showed Beau the pic and he just figured out how to make them! We already need more room for the DVD's though ;)Side view showing more of the crown molding they added to the top. Added just the right touch.

2 comments:

KT said...

I will vouch for how VERY AWESOME this entertainment stand is! And I will vouch for how cute your hair looks too!

The Albrecht's said...

I am still amazed that they built that! It adds the perfect touch to all of the cute decor that you've made (and need to show me how to make). I love your hair too. Shannon is so good! I was very impressed with what she did with my hair.