Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

We are very fortunate to live close to Nate's family. We always have a home to go to on Holidays...and great food! We invited the Hunter's again since they have become extended family to the Hayslips. Nate's mom asked that I only bring cole slaw, which I have never made, nor ever been a fan of. Well, of course I could not just buy packaged cabbage and a jar of dressing, I had to make it from scratch. I found a recipe online and added a few extra ingrediants. And let me tell you, cabbage is not that easy to cut up...it is much tougher than regualr lettuce. It turned out so well, I think I will add this recipe to one of my favorite sides to make!
After Dinner, we all went outside to watch the kiddies find the egss Nate...er the Easter Bunny hid. They then started a football game, which was so fun to watch! Brooke and Trent actually did really well and caught the ball most of the time to make the touch-down. It was a real game with a real score and real tackling. Brooke even ended up with some scratches from being face-planted by Trent! I think Brooke and Nate ended up winning, but it was a close game. Good job Trent and Beau, you made a good team.
Glad it was such a gorgeous day!



Love Beau's face in this one! "Hike" (click on pictures to enlarge)

No comments: