Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Race for the Cure

Last Saturday was the Race for the Cure in Columbus. Apparently, it is the 5th or 6th largest in the nation! Nate's mom is a 2 year survivor, and my Aunt Joy has been a survivor for many years now. I walked in their behalf. His mom and sister walked with me too. It was very overwhelming how many people were there! I got choked up about 4 times. Very inspiring! This was just a fraction of the people that were there supporting Breast Cancer!This is Nate's mom walking through the Survivor's Tunnel. Very cool. The African-American lady in the back was dancing the whole way through-very funny!

1 comment:

The Albrecht's said...

That is awesome that you participated! It sounds like there was a good turn out. I wish I would have known more about it so I could have done it too!