Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Trip to Kirtland 6/18/2013

We may have lived in Ohio for 7 years, but I had never been to Kirtland!  The closest I got was the John Johnson Farm when I was a Girl’s Camp Leader.  With my mom living here, it was all the push we needed to finally make a day trip up north.  We started at the John Johnson Farm.  We ate a nice picnic lunch then headed in for the tour.
Our next stop was Kirtland. I finally got to see and tour the Neal K Whitney Store. It was so neat to see all the old houses and properties. It was also very spiritual. Our last stop was the Kirtland Temple. This was actually my least favorite part of the whole trip. It was such a drastic feeling of no spirit since the LDS church does not own it. Our tour guide was not LDS either, and it was very obvious and took away from the tour. I loved being able to see the old architecture, but that was about it.








No comments: