Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Seattle-July 2010

Long, long ago, in a land far, far away.  Ha, ha, just kidding.  It is pretty appropriate though.  We went to Seattle over 2 months ago and Seattle is about the farthest you can get from OH.  We origianally planned our Seattle trip for a family reunion, but we decided to add a few extra days to play and soak up all Seattle/the Northwest has to offer.  Since I have over 300 pictures (not to post) and much to re-live, I will try to break this up over a few posts.
Day 1


We arrived late Friday night, so the next morning we woke up with plans to walk down to Snoqualmie.  Before I continue, I don't want to forget the sights/smells/sounds of waking up that first morning with the window open.  The soft, cool, non-humid breeze, the sounds of the next door horses naying and the smell of wholesome, clean northwest air.  I truly forgot how "nature-y" Seattle is.
Okay, back to our walk.  I grew up within a 10 min walk of downtown Snoqualmie.  I can't even count how many times we would ride our bikes downtown to the local soda shop or town pharmacy for penny candy (I am dating myself, I know).  It was so nostalgic to walk downtown with my mom, brother and Nate.  We did head straight for the Soda shop to get a homemade ice cream cone.

Now, my town has 2 main tourists attractions-the Snoqualmie Falls and the Train Depot.  That weekend just happened to be the weekend Thomas the Train was visiting.  Lucky us ;)

We walked around, visited our old stomping grounds and the river where us kids would go swimming every summer.  I truly loved where I grew up and look forward to many more trips home to "my" Snoqualmie.

1 comment:

Stizz said...

Yay for WA!! And I totally did the same thing when I was little...walked/rode my bike to the local store for penny candy...ah, gotta love candy that's only a penny. lol :)